Friday, January 31, 2014

Snap of the month: January 2014


Background: It's been a horrible January in Chicago.  Extremes of snow, cold, and the color grey have me more than ready to move on to another season.  But, earlier this week I awoke to find the sun finally gracing the sky with it's presence from behind the clouds.

Thoughts: This almost made me happy to be up for work.  I got up and enjoyed a beautiful sunrise without having to get up at an obscene hour or leave my cozy dwelling.  It was easily one of the best sunrises I've seen, and as such it starts to make up for how crappy of a month January has been weather-wise.  This picture alone just makes me feel warm and with the colors I feel like a moth drawn to a flame.  I could lose myself in it for hours happily contemplating the many shades of purple, orange, and yellow.  This photo is my equivalent of a comfy chair.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment