Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Snap of the month: October 2013

Background -- I can't take credit for this photo.  Suleta Foto is often a joint effort by me and Goran.  Yes, I am usually the one responsible for the photography stuff but he has been known to step up to the plate every once in a great while.  On one of the last warm days, I insisted that we take a walk around the neighborhood with our camera.  I am rarely the subject of pictures since I'm usually the one behind the camera, but on this particular day Goran was finally paparazzi-ed out and insisted on taking a few shots of me.  The sun was just starting to go down and we were at our neighborhood beach with no one else around since it's basically abandoned after Labor Day.

Thoughts -- I like this shot though it makes me super self-conscious about the part in my hair.  It makes me think about the possibility of going bald.  At 28, I'm just now beginning to realize my own mortality and aging process and am having some trouble adjusting to both ideas.  I'm sure it will be fine, but ultimately death and aging are things that happen to other people...until they happen to me.  There's no logical reason why this picture should provoke more than five minutes of good hard thinking on my part, but it's been a lot longer than five minutes and I'm starting to freak myself out.  It seemed only fitting considering how this picture makes me feel that it be the snap of the month for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment